Emison Cooper & Cooper makes society safer by holding wrongdoers accountable in ways that raise consciousness regarding potentially dangerous behaviors while ensuring just compensation for our clients.
Founded on the principle that achieving success for our clients comes only from fulfilled people who remain civil in the legal system’s adversarial process, ECC constantly works to create the best culture of any law firm. Fostering a collaborative team culture and open-door environment that supports each employees’ personal and professional growth and ensures the firm is a pleasant and fun environment is of utmost importance to our firm. We love what we do, and it shows.
Our core values are Excellence, Judgment, Care, Passion, and Success / Team Player. We invite you to read more about our core values on our website’s career page.
Please read before applying:
The key to succeeding in this position lays in one’s anticipatory skills – being able to see around corners, manage information flow, and coordinate complicated calendars. The interactions will be with (sometimes) demanding clients and (always) demanding lawyers and will require solid written and verbal communication skills with a high level of discernment.
The ideal candidate will embody our core values.
Though there are no minimal education or experience requirements for this job; you will excel in this position only if you have strong communication skills, well-developed organizational and time management skills, and an anticipatory mindset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to excel in this position.
● Manage information flow, including email inboxes and calls, for two partners.
● Volunteer when team members need assistance even if the task falls outside the technical parameters of the job.
● Be responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks including the following: managing calendars, completing expense reports, preparing correspondence, arranging travel plans and itineraries, prepping daily/weekly/monthly calendars and ensuring schedule coordination is completed for business and personal matters.
● Make sure team members are aware of and complete deadlines.
● Organize and attend team meetings within the firm, keep meeting notes and provide follow up, where appropriate.
● Be highly adept at multitasking and managing extensive scheduling, as well as proactively preparing for meetings and following through.
● Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
● Use sound judgment and common sense to resolve most questions and problems independently, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
● Be the glue that keeps the team together, and the oil that keeps the machine working.
● Respond to and incorporate management direction and constructive feedback.
● Staunchly protect our firm culture and reputation.
What you’ve accomplished:
● 5+ years of executive support experience.
● Provided a bridge for smooth communication between executives (partners) and staff, demonstrating leadership, trust, and credibility.
● Managed email inboxes for others, including assisting in follow-up of emails and calls; ability to exercise the utmost discretion on all matters.
● Assisted in all meeting preparation; at times external research may be required.
● Developed, enhanced, edited, and maintained a wide range of documents, including contacts, meeting notes, reports, charts, agreements, correspondence, and presentations with 100% accuracy. This includes communication and correspondence that may be of complex and confidential nature.
● Thrived at working under pressure with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities with great discretion and professional poise.
Compensation will vary depending on experience level. It will range from $75,000 to a maximum of $120,000 per year.
ECC understands that the best way to provide superb service to our clients is to ensure that our employees love their jobs and the atmosphere they work in. A great culture starts with providing well for our employees. Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
● Medical insurance.
● Retirement matching plan.
● Competitive vacation and holiday policy.
● PTO for staff professional development activities.
● Commuter benefits that encourage active and public transportation.
We encourage our employees to continue their professional and personal growth. The firm will underwrite reasonable requests for continuing education or experiences in that regard.